Hello and Welcome to Flour & Floral
Hi, I’m Jennifer and I’m so glad you’re here! I’m absolutely all about homemade, made-with-love dishes and desserts that TASTE as beautiful as they look.
Made-With-Love: Beautiful food whisked together with high quality ingredients, delightfully-complementary flavours, and alot of grace (given both to the dish and the baker).
Flour & Floral is a place where home bakers/aspiring bakers/food lovers can come to find their new favourite Carrot Cake recipe, food styling and food photography tips, or just some genuine help and encouragement because our baking endeavors don’t always go as planned. (I know I can certainly attest to that!)
Home Sweet Home
I’m a small-town Canadian farm girl who moved 6 times after high school, traveled alot (yet still, not enough), met my husband (who’s as American as they come) in Germany and together we moved right back to where I came from. There’s no place like home, and that’s Winnipeg, MB, Canada. I love the prairie life!
I love writing and have always had a thing for words and stringing them seamlessly together–(in writing that is, verbally I’m a mess). So I’ve been blogging since 2009; I went from writing about college life, traveling, boys, and old-country-Taylor Swift lyrics to “how to pipe Carrot garnishes out of melted white chocolate” and “how to strategically place muffins for photogenic purposes”. It’s nothing earth-shattering, but I LOVE it.
Writing, Baking, and Food Photography are my three favourite hobbies and therefore this blog is a perfect little home for them. A home smothered in butter, with accents of flowery-piped buttercreams, speckled with vanilla beans, and finished off with an over-flowing cup of fresh berries. Again, there’s no place like home.
A Little More About Me…
- My family history is Russian, German, Dutch, and Mennonite, and I call my grandparents Oma & Opa.
- Jarryd and I spent our honeymoon at DisneyWorld, per my request.
- When I’m not baking/photographing/blogging you can usually find me redecorating and organizing our home, lounging around a coffee table with friends, or cheerin’ on the Winnipeg Jets with my hubs.
- I love personality psychology! I’m an Enneagram 9w1 (an Idealistic Peacemaker) and an INFJ personality.
- My favourite thing to cook is soup.
- I’ve watched Gilmore Girls 6 times through. Yes I DO have a life outside of Stars Hollow, I promise.
- It’s SO hard for me to say no to take-out.
- I married my personality-opposite: His demeanor is theatric and extroverted, whereas I’m more of a calm and introverted presence. It’s a great balance.
- Feelin’ warm and cozy is my favourite feeling.
- I did a year of culinary school and despite me no longer pursuing a career in that field, it was truly an awesome experience. I learned so much!
- Country music is my all over my Spotify.
- My sweet tooth isn’t as predominate as you’d think; if given a choice between a bag of chips and a cupcake, I’d always choose the chips.
- The top places I’ve traveled to that stole my heart were Israel, Hawaii, and New York City.
- Cozying up in front of the tv, watching a Rom-Com whilst snacking on chips is the only way I unwind.
- I’d rather shop for home decor than clothing. HomeGoods/HomeSense is my weakness.
- I like to hold peoples’ cats whenever possible. I can’t help it, cats are the bullseye and I’m the arrow.
Let’s Be Friends!
Message me on Instagram, Facebook, or my Contact page–and let’s talk about anything and everything!